Friday 19 November 2010

Home Sweet Home

After all the longing...I've made it back to the Bangkok airport.  I'm sitting in Starbucks now and I'm a happy camper.  The past few days in the middle of nowhere without any internet access makes me appreciate this beautiful place even more.

I'm happy because I accomplished my mission - I am no longer afraid of cycling.  It was a super idea to tackle this fear in third world countries with a bunch of crazy people because the last thing I needed to worry about was figuring out how to ride a bike.  

I'm also happy because I'm on my way to Singapore.  At first I wasn't so excited about this stop - sounded pretty vanilla to me at the time.  But now, I embrace vanilla.  Give me cleanliness, give me square.  I even threw caution to the wind and discarded my antibacterial lotion (there was about one squirt left.  I have never in my life finished an entire bottle of antibacterial lotion.  I thought it might be impossible. But now I know the truth).

I don't know what I'm going to do in Singapore, but I do know that I am staying at the Intercontinental.  The hotel with the Pol Pot security bolts and water hose pushed me over the edge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment