Monday 15 November 2010

Falls

Today we cycled 56 kms in the hot sun followed by a 45 minute climb up a rocky hill to reach an ancient waterfall.  Here is a photo of this special waterfall:



And here is a photo of my reaction after seeing the waterfall:


Then the guide announced we were going to go and look at another temple.  Sigh.  I was very much anti temple at this point in the day – it was already 4 PM and now raining.  The guide told me that he could spend a day at this temple…but then again he kept telling me how amazing the waterfall was.  I gave up and decided to go to the temple, and the guide was right.  It was pretty cool.  Built in around 950 and not discovered until the 1940’s.  It was in pieces when they found it and covered with termite mounds and trees so they had to put it back together like a puzzle.





Tomorrow we leave at 6:30AM to drive to a 6 hour boat ride to the "rice bowl" of Cambodia.

By the way, I decided to stop drinking for this leg of the trip and I have questioned this decision pretty much every day since I started my cycling adventure.  In fact, I just slapped myself having read the previous sentence.  I would say the 2 hour tour of the Genocide museum and any interaction with Jane have made me think this could be one of the stupider decisions I’ve ever made. 

Tomorrow may very well turn into a 6 hour booze cruise.  I think it all depends on if Jane sits at my table at breakfast.  That and if I can find a bottle of wine.  You'll know if I've fallen off the wagon if I'm slurring in my note tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment