Sunday 31 October 2010

Koh Samui

Koh Samui is both beautiful and seedy.  On the beach it is beautiful and on the road it is seedy.  I was walking on the main street last night and it depressed me, but now I’m at the beach– took a swim in the warm ocean and am getting ready for the next leg of the trip.

Koh Samui is well known for its detox spas and treatments.  I picked a very mainstream program focused on fitness, but somehow Sue’s husband Paul has managed to convince me to try colonic hydrotherapy (ok, when I say convinced, Sue was on the phone with Paul and he told her that I should try it…she relayed the message to me…I said “really?”…and she said it would make me feel like a new person.  To which I said “ok”).  I figure, when in Rome… (?)

So I’ve got that to look forward to this afternoon (I’m scared sh*&less, but I guess that’s the point).  And there are many more new experiences for me to encounter!  My  Bioimpedance Analysis should be very enlightening, but I’m most curious about my 90 minute Lymphatic Drainage session on Thursday (WTF IS THAT?).  Oh the things I will learn about myself that never occurred to me to question.

So today my computer stopped working and I started to panic, not so much because most of my life is saved on this computer, but more because I wouldn’t have contact with what was happening in my world.  Me thinks this is a sign I need to stop using my computer.  So I’m going to take a break and spend the next 6 days trying to figure out what it is I love to do outside of working.  And I guess I'll learn something about poo too.  Have a good week!





1 comment:

  1. hahahahah - i love this entry... and (as weird as it sounds) i can't wait to hear about your colonic hydrotherapy and lymphatic drainage. Just please... no pictures. :) Enjoy the week - and TURN OFF THAT COMPUTER.

    ReplyDelete